RULES AND PROCEDURES FOR FOREIGN MEDIA COVERAGE IN INDONESIA
Editor/Journalist of Foreign Media (print/electronic) i.e. newspapers, magazines, news agencies, radio/television as well as film producers including a journalist coverage/visit/assignment to Indonesia should apply permit from the Government of Indonesia.
Application may be sent through the media representative in Indonesia to the Directorate of Information and Media, Department of foreign Affairs, or application may be sent to the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in Prague. The Embassy will give response of the application if an approval has been received from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Directorate General of Immigration.
A foreign media correspondent accredited to Indonesia requires a permit from Directorate of Information and Media, Ministry of foreign Affairs; Ministry of Labor Affairs; Directorate General of Immigration, Ministry of Justice and Human Rights. The media representative in Indonesia has to contact the above offices to obtain a permit for a media correspondent assigned in Indonesia. The Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in Prague will issue a visa after having an approval from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Directorate General of Immigration.
Requirements for the application to conduct a coverage/journalist visit to Indonesia are as follows:
The following documents should be submitted with an application for a social visit visa:
– Completed visa application form
– 3,5 x 4,5 cm colour photos
– Original valid passport (minimum validity of passport is 6 months as from the date of entry into Indonesia)
Completed with the following:
- For Journalists
Formal application letter from the head of the company concerned (newspaper or agency) stating the purpose of the visit/assignment given by the respective agency/newspaper company.
- It is advisable that areas of interests/cities/region in Indonesia to be visited and personalities (dignitaries) to be interviewed are also clearly mentioned in the letter to enable the authorities in Jakarta to make necessary arrangements (i.e. day, date and venue of interview, etc) beforehand.
- It is also advisable that the editor/journalist could prepare the list of questions to be raised during the interview
- Letter of recommendation from sponsor
- Completed form of personal history and CV
- Completed form of list of electronic devices imported to Indonesian Embassy
- Sign a letter of statement in regard to the obligation to respect and to comply with the customs, laws and regulations during stay in Indonesia
- For Film Shooting purposes requires:
A letter of request and description of media where he/she works
- A letter of recommendation from a sponsor
- Completed form for film/video shooting
- Total crews and their CV
- Schedule time and location of casting
- Film Synopsis
- List of filming equipment and their value
- Copies of crews passport
- A signed statement and application form regarding the compliance of regulation for film shooting in Indonesia.
Note for media coverage or other journalistic and film shooting purposes:
- It is strongly advised to send application at least 30 days before departure to Indonesia
- In case, there is additional team member or/and equipment, it has to be proceed as new application
- Shooting Film at the Natural Reserve needs special permit (SIMAKSI) from the Directorate General for Natural Protection and Conservation, Ministry of Forestry. This permit can be applied while in Jakarta
- Applicant(s) should allow the Embassy to process the above mentioned application in minimum of 14 working days
- Before conducting any interview/journalist coverage and film shooting in Indonesia, the Editor(s)/Journalist(s)/Leader of the film crew should report to and obtain Press Card or permit for film production and permit to visit other regions and regional government institutions from:
Directorate of Information & Media
(Direktorat Informasi &Media)
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of The Republic of Indonesia
Jalan Taman Pejambon No.6
Tel. (62-21) 381 3453, Fax. (62-21) 385 7316
Click here for Application Form for Journalist